I’m thrilled to announce that my short story, “The Avenger and the Destroyer” will be free for four whole days: from tomorrow, Sunday, September 29, to Wednesday, October 3. It previously appeared in Residential Aliens Magazine.
This story should be available in audio in the next month or so.
Click here to download 12 great books for free!
Share on your blog/Twitter/Facebook and I will be eternally grateful.
As some of you know, I am a member of Codex, a group of “neo-pro” science fiction and fantasy writers. Most of us traditionally publish but a fair number have dipped their toes (and some their whole selves) into self-publishing. We are each offering some books for free tomorrow, September 26, until September 27. The freebie bash begins at midnight tonight PST (3 a.m. Eastern Time). Your local time will vary, as Amazon is a worldwide company, but they will all be free soon.
Here is an Amazon Listmania! list with all the books on offer.
Here is a link to the promo website.
I am offering The Godless Land. Download, and enjoy!
ETA 3:53 pm:
Audiobook now available on iTunes.
Note: On the Fell Winter page, I’ve added links to all the current retailers where it’s available, as well as the updated cover and blurb.
Note the Second: I am planning to distribute to all retailers from now on. I won’t discount the possibility that certain projects will be suitable for Amazon select (Amazon-exclusive) but I plan on almost everything from hereon to be as widely distributed as possible. The stories currently in Amazon select will stay in the program for now.
- Enchanted Forest, Episode 4 (October 2012, Halloween-themed)
- Background information on Kalamar (the setting for Enchanted Forest)
- Several pseudonym titles (see the e-books tab)
Now I’m not a reviewer and make no pretensions of being one. However, I want to point you in the direction of an excellent read. This novelette is science fiction, but it’s also interesting because the characters are Mormons. Moreover, Mormonism is not depicted in a bad light; in fact, it’s quite positive (much to the chagrin of the antireligious elements in SF — no names named). Disclaimer: I’m not a Mormon.
This novelette won the Nebula (the highest honor in SF) and was nominated for the Hugo. I encourage you all to click on the image and purchase it. I’m glad I did.
First I’ll take a moment of silence for those who died on September 11, 2001. It’s hard to to believe eleven years have passed since then.
1. The new novel, “Fell Winter,” is on Kobo and Smashwords.
2. Nocturne got a makeover. His cover did, at least.
3. The audiobook for Nocturne Son of the Night is done and will be available within three weeks on Amazon, Audible, and iTunes. The narrator, Matt Weight, did an excellent job.
4. A bunch of neo-pro writers who do ebooks will be giving away *some* of their preciouses from September 26 to 27. I will be giving away The Godless Land. Spread the word!
Go here to read, and get links for the first episode of Enchanted Forest.
I will be publishing some background info on the world on this web-site, so stay tuned.